Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's quite nice.

Today I finally had to return to classes after seventeen glorious days of break. Lucky for me though, I still haven't started back at work, so I didn't have to work after class today as usual. Also lucky for me, I basically don't have class on Tuesdays because I always skip the one lecture I have. And once again lucky for me, there is no class on Wednesday because it is a public holiday. And Wednesday is my least favorite day of classes. In the past week I have done a lot of chillin' with the parents.

Last Sunday I met my parents with two of my friends at a shopping centre near where my parents are staying, then went back to their apartment and hung out a while. We went out to dinner and then watched some Australian TV. (For all you Americans that watch The Voice...the Australian version is much better. Even though I've watched like half an episode at home.)

Last Monday my parents came to the Village and got to see my place. As I expected (and even with warning from me) they thought it was disgusting. At least only downstairs is disgusting, though, so we hung out in my room upstairs for a little bit and they got to meet more of my friends. After they left in the afternoon I think we just hung out. I think I also Skyped my wonderful little for at least an hour and a half...it was much needed.

On Tuesday my parents, Abby, and I all went to the Sydney Aquarium in Darling Harbour and then had lunch. The Aquarium was really crowded which made me hate everything at times...but somehow I made it through alive/without punching anyone. We took a water taxi from there to the Opera House and I bought the print that I hadn't stopped thinking about since we toured the Opera House in March. It was a very solid purchase. My room senior year is going to be decked out with Australian things.

On Wednesday I went shopping in Hornsby again with Katie and my mum. I was trying to find a bridesmaid's dress for my brother's wedding in August...which I all of a sudden got really stoked for. I had no luck though. After shopping, I went back to Normanhurst with my mother and Sara and Abby came up to the apartment later. We got Chinese food from a place there and then...watched more Australian TV. (The TV in our flat is really fuzzy and gets like five channels...so all we ever watch is Friends.)

On Thursday I went to the city with both of my parents. We shopped a little, and I found the dress that I will possibly be wearing to the wedding! Annnnd now I'm even more excited. We walked to the Museum of Contemporary Art after shopping. It was fairly small, and some of the art was just weird...you know, because it's contemporary. But some of it was cool. The best part was probably the view of the Harbour Bridge and the Opera House from the roof...even though I've seen those approximately 437289 times now. They never get old.

Friday was the celebration of my friend Sara's 21st birthday! During the day, Abby and I bought some necessary supplies, such as mixers, two cakes, frosting, candles, and a boa for Sara to wear, of course. We decorated the cakes and brought them to Sara's. We ended up going in to the city to Scubar, which is the place where we went out the very first night we were in Sydney! And Friday was the first time I've been back since. It was pretty fun. When we were in the city we saw a flyer for S Club 7's upcoming Australian tour and just about had a panic attack. So of course, when we got back we purchased tickets for their June 1st show in Sydney. I am sooo excited for that.

On Saturday I went in to the city with my mum. We did some souvenir shopping, walked through the Botanical Gardens, had lunch, did more souvenir shopping, and had Starbucks. Australians hate Starbucks coffee (the ones I've talked to about it, anyway) and this is the second time I've had it while I've been here. If you know me, that may surprise you.

On Sunday, Abby and I woke up horribly early to go on a trip down the Hawkesbury River with my parents (Ron & Jan) and the people whose apartment they are staying in (Ron & Jan). There was a long drive with sightseeing along the way, and history and such. We were driving along the Convict Trail. We stopped at a small village with an Inn and basically nothing else...and there were SO MANY CARS. Ron (not my dad) said that there are usually about two cars there when they stop there. Turns out, there was a folk music festival happening. There were cars with Western Australia license plates. For you Americans, the distance from Western Australia to New South Wales is basically the distance from our West coast to East coast. After that short stop, we went to Jan & Ron's cabin on the river (that I don't know the name of). Abby and I went tubing! It was so much fun...but girls are required to wear wet suit bottoms in the water there...that was an interesting experience. I wasn't expecting to get to go tubing, so that was definitely a wonderful surprise. And of course, we went back to my parents' and watched The Voice.

That's about it...later today I am going to see The Lucky One, since I read the book and it was amazing and made me cry... And then dinner at my parents' place and...watching The Voice. Standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment