Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pre-Gold Coast!

So today is my first day off for mid-semester break! I have seventeen glorious days off, and tonight I am leavin' on a jet plane to the Gold Coast with Abby and Alexis! We have a rockin' itinerary set up, so basically it's gonna be great. But I thought I'd fill y'all in on the random things that have occurred since my previous post.

Sunday was April Fool's Day, and Abby and I were being super studious in the library, when we get a text from our housemate Katie that said, "Did you leave your doors open because I didn't and now mine is open," and one from Alexis saying, "I just went to your place and Katie was outside talking to an RA...apparently someone broke in." So Abby and I were just trying to process this information, and being really relieved that we both had our laptops and wallets and cameras with us. I also had my iPhone with me so that was good. Anyway, we go back and there's a chair tipped over in our living room (real discreet...) and the shoe rack that is randomly on the landing upstairs was disassembled (random?). My passport was not missing, thankfully. The only things gone were my purse (which had a mirror and some chap stick in it at the time and nothing else) and a bottle and a half of alcohol. So the RA who was there turns to Abby and I and said we would have to make a statement to the police when they arrived. He said that Alexis would tell us how to make a report. She said, "All right, first, you write April....and then you write Fool's." We DIED. They totally got us...it was embarrassing, and I was a liiittle angry at first but then I was just proud of them for pulling off such a grand scheme. Oh, and after that debacle, Abby and I were attempting to do homework again in the admin building (didn't work...our concentration was killed after that) and I realized that my phone time and my computer time didn't match. Turns out it was Australian Daylight Savings Time...and we realized TWELVE HOURS LATER. Fail. When I got here, the time difference was 19 hours...but since, it has changed to 18, and then 17. The time difference is smaller, but for communicating with people, it's bigger. It used to be that I knew it was 5 hours later at home, but the day before...and now it's 7. And I hate it.

Wednesday was a superhero themed party at the Ranch. Obviously I wore a cape and leggings with swimsuit bottoms over them. I also taped a sign that said, "Super Mattie" to my shirt. It was kind of a letdown though...it was way too crowded and I just wasn't feelin' it.

Thursday (last night) was a traffic light party, annnnnd GREEN MEANS GO. Oh and pink apparently means, "back off, please" according to Alexis...red is too mean or something. Haha. When we got to Ubar, we danced a little, and then Abby and I went to get pizza. We were sitting there eating and this guy (with crazy hair) came and asked if he could sit at our table. We said sure. His friend came over a little later... But anyway, he was telling us how he owns a KFC franchise... (Uh, good for you?) And then we were talking about our ages...we were failing at guessing his, so we made him guess ours. He guessed 21 for both of us, which is correct. He then told us the secret to guessing a woman's age is to look at her knuckles... Um, okay... Anyway, turns out his friend is 27 and KFC guy is...drumroll...35 years old. Like, what? Just because you live close to the university bar doesn't mean you should come. "He doesn't even go here!" Mean Girls reference. Okay, I'm being ridiculous now. I think it's because I'm so excited for this break! Wooooo!

All right, that's it for now. Expect a loooong blog about Gold Coast in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment