Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sooooo.

Yeah, yeah it's been forever since I blogged last. But that's only because I have done nothing. Buuut on Friday afternoon I went to Wollongong, where there is another university. I went with Abby so she could see her friend Jess from her school at home and we stayed with her. Alexis came up Saturday morning and I went back with her Saturday night.

Anyway, Friday night we got dinner and then went out. Saturday morning we had planned to hike up Mount Keira, which Jess said takes about 3 hours to the top and back. So, after a slow start to the morning...we ended up taking the hike. I know I mentioned before that I went bushwalking VERY hungover one day a couple of months ago, and it cured my hangover. Basically, same situation yesterday. I couldn't believe we actually made it to the top. I was so proud. Oh and we saw a guy hiking down the mountain barefoot...I was creeped out. So on the way down, Alexis and I went ahead of Abby and Jess. Bad idea. We ended up getting lost. We took this trail that was all steep hills all the way down. It was a little terrifying. And Alexis lost her keys somewhere along the way...yikes. I did see a herd of deer in the wild though, which I didn't think I'd ever see in this country. When we got to the bottom, we were on some farm, and went to a house and asked them to direct us to Wollongong University. Luckily we were close, and once we got to campus we were extra lost again. We finally found the bus stop that we arrived at and Jess and Abby were there waiting for us. They had waited for 45 minutes, apparently, and I felt awful.

After that whole debacle, we had delicious fish and chips and walked around Wollongong and saw the lighthouse and the beach and such. It is a really pretty area. Alexis and I had planned on taking a train at 8 or 9 o'clock back to school, but we were basically out of things to do by 5ish, so we took the 6 o'clock train instead. I was so anxious throughout the whooole ride to just get home and shower and pass out. And that's exactly what I did. I slept until about 10:30 this morning...which is freakishly late for me lately.

Today I am holed up in the library writing a paper, and tomorrow evening I am going to climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, so I'm really excited about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment