Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Bridge Climb

As you may know, I did the Sydney Harbour Bridge Climb on Monday. And it was amazing. We did the night climb, so we got to see the sunset from the bridge, and later see the city all lit up. I actually have a fear of heights, but it wasn't scary at all. The only semi-scary part was climbing down the ladders on our way back. I've always hated climbing down ladders. BUT ANYWAY. It was glorious. Probably one of my favorite things that I've done while I've been here.

WE DID IT! (Even though this picture isn't from the top...)

There was even a proposal on our climb! It was adorable. I somehow missed the whole thing, and there was one person behind me, and then the couple. I think everyone was oblivious, until our climb leader said he had good news, and then said, "____ just asked ____ to marry him and she said yes!" (Yeah, I forgot their names.) It really made me wish the hot guy behind me would decide to propose to me...no such luck.

I kind of thought I'd have more to write about this...anyway...here are the bridge stats:


Yeah...that's the back of the sweatshirt I bought. For those of you who don't understand meters, the bridge is 400+ FEET tall. And the length...well you can convert that yourself.

2 comments: