Saturday, June 2, 2012

My ears are ringing.

So I've had a pretty busy week this week, all y'all.

Monday I went to a rugby game with my program. It was the Sydney Roosters vs. the Newcastle Bulldogs. I was pretty happy I got to root for (in Australian slang, 'root for' means something inappropriate, but I can't change habit) the wuss mascot. Anyway, in the end they were losing by quite a large margin, which is fine. We left early to beat the crowds and such. I also thought Monday was going to be my last day working at Sumo Salad, but I ended up taking a shift on Friday.

On Tuesday, Abby and I got our hurr did. While we were waiting around for our appointments, Abby asked if we could go look at hair dye for her, and I obviously didn't want to be left out...soo we ended up dyeing our hair later that day. Between haircuts and hair dyeing, we went in to the city for Pancakes on the Rocks (even though we had just been there about a week ago) and then to Vivid Sydney. Vivid Sydney is this festival thing going on where they project 3D images onto the Opera House and the Museum of Contemporary Art. It was cool to see. I would post pictures, but the photo uploader on this blog post is being a bitch, so it won't work. Awesome.

Wednesday was the farewell dinner for our program. We went to a place called La Cita in Darling Harbour. Katie and I shared a pitcher of sangria and I got nice and tipsy while I waited for my food to come out. I GOT FAJITAS. So good. I didn't think I would have those until I was back in the States. There was also a slideshow with pictures from the semester. I sent in the most embarrassing pictures I had of my friends and I.

Thursday I had a presentation, which was 25% of my grade for Aboriginal Studies. I was so annoyed that I had that happening the same week that all of this other stuff was going on, but it gets better (worse). I also had a paper due for Aboriginal Studies on Friday. It was 40% of my grade. 65% of my grade for one class down in two days. Anyway, I'm done with that class now, for good.

Friday was the day I've been waiting for for a month and a half (or 10 years, if we're gonna be real about it). S CLUB IN CONCERT! It was fantastic. It was actually more like S Club 3 (Jo, Bradley, and Paul) than S Club 7, but it was still amazing. The opening act was Big Brovaz, which is some 90s rap-ish group from the UK? Everyone else at the concert seemed to know who they were, but Abby and I had no idea what was going on. OH AND WE ALMOST GOT A PICTURE WITH BRADLEY! We were sooo close to him, and he took a picture with these girls right next to us so we tried to be next...buuut he left. So upsetting. Oh and about the title...my ears are definitely still ringing. We were standing awfully close to where the speakers were...the consequences are not pleasant.

I probably won't blog again for a few weeks because my life is going to switch back to uneventful again, until my trip to Melbourne (June 14th-19th). Cheers!

2 comments:

  1. Ok just have to say this the Bulldogs are the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs, Newcastle have the Knights just so you now know

    ReplyDelete