Saturday, March 31, 2012

"Sexymite"

Sooo, it's been quite some time since I posted last. Mostly because the memory card reader and the USB ports on my laptop decided to stop working so I was without my own computer for about four days. Thank goodness for three year warranties. But that's not important right now.

A week ago Wednesday this group called Bombs Away was performing at the Ranch. The party was pirate themed. I was sooo excited for this because when I first got to Australia I kept hearing this song at all the clubs and it became my jam. Turns out it is by Bombs Away, and then I found out they were coming! So that was great.

Last Saturday, we finally made it to Bondi Beach! I loved it. It was gorgeous, had a lot of cool shops and stands, and it was a really nice day over all. I bought myself some souvenirs and got my tan on.

The following Monday, we went to the Hunger Games. (Monday night is $8 movies for students...so that's our movie night.) Here's the thing:  I didn't read the book, and in the beginning of the movie my friend Abby and I--we made commentary throughout the ENTIRE movie--were talking about how messed up the premise of the movie was. Anyway, about 20 minutes into the movie we finally got reeeeally into it. We were also confused about the whole Katniss thing...I thought her name was Candace for a while and people just sucked at talking. And then I just wanted to call her "Cat-ness" or "Catnip." Also...Peeta? Definitely thought it was "Peter" the whole time. I don't know why I'm going into so much detail about this...sorry.

Tuesday I laid by the pool and got my tan on again. I feel like I had been losing my tan for a while so I really wanted to do something about it. Haha.

Wednesday we went to the Ranch. Obviously. We do that every Wednesday.

Thursday we went to Ubar. Not much going on...Abby and I were among about six people on the dance floor for a while. Awk.

This Friday was our friend Alexis's 21st birthday partaaay! It was pretty fantastic. I didn't feel quite as fantastic about it the next day...but luckily Alexis, Abby, and I discovered the hangover cure of champions:  bushwalking.

Yesterday (Saturday) we went to Lane Cove National Park (hangovers and all) and hiked for three hours. We saw countless lizards, and when we had finished our hike we ended up all the way at the other side of the park. We definitely had to take a bus back. We had also planned on camping at Lane Cove, so we had bought a bunch of hot dogs and decided we should eat those and pretend we were camping when we got back. Because we are cool. In the evening we went to Luna Park! If you have seen Our Lips Are Sealed, (the Mary Kate & Ashley classic) Luna Park is the amusement park that the girls go to with their surfer men. Oddly enough, the girls in that movie are named Abby and Maddie, so Abby and I decided we really need to find dates to take us there so we can reenact the movie. Luna Park was so much fun! We rode a bunch of rides...the unlimited ride bracelet is normally $40 but last night it was buy one get one free! There were three in our group, but another girl who was in a group of five asked if we wanted to pair up to get the cheaper price. Obviously we did. When we got back from Luna Park, we made s'mores (also with the supplies he had bought for camping). Australia doesn't have graham crackers, apparently...so we had to buy these plain cookie things...and their marshmallows come in bags like candy comes in, and they were pink and white. They also tasted strawberry-ish...it was bizarre.

Today...I work on homework. My last assignment due before TWO WEEKS OFF is due on Tuesday, so I need to get that done. Friday I leave for the Gold Coast! Yeeeeesssssss.

No comments:

Post a Comment