Monday, March 19, 2012

Shit ay!

I have been doing some thinking lately (mostly, during lectures when I'm spacing out). And this blog is the result, so here we go...

Things I miss from home:
1. Friends & family, of course
2. Pets
3. Hair straightener (the one I bought here doesn't work...at all)
4. Being able to afford alcohol
5. Ben & Jerry's (for less than $10 a carton)
6. The...inappropriate dancing that is the norm at home.

Things I will miss when I go home:
1. Friends
2. The people--even the ones that aren't my friends. Everyone is so much friendlier here.
3. The accent
4. The weather
5. The beach
6. How everything I eat is delicious, no matter what it is
7. The gym
8. The entire campus, actually
9. Having my own bathroom
10. Being able to/being forced to walk everywhere
11. The Australian sayings/words
12. Constantly taking pictures (without feeling annoying)
13. The level of independence
14. Not having class on Fridays
15. Visiting tourist attractions all the time
16. Goon
17. Having a bar on campus
18. All the themed parties
19. The birds
20. Kangaroos and koalas, of course...but I don't see those on a regular basis.
21. All the random uni events with free food...

Things I haven't mentioned:
Time goes by soooo quickly here. I seriously can't believe March is already more than half over.
I put ketchup on everything. Well, not everything. But I'm REALLY into it here.
I'm also pretty into chili sauce here. Most of my meals contain either ketchup or chili sauce.
I also eat a lot of peanut butter.
You may have noticed I didn't mention missing my iPhone, car, or TV (there are like 5 fuzzy channels on our TV here). And that's because I don't. I missed my iPhone for about the first week or two, but I just don't mind anymore.
Annnd I think I'm forgetting some things.

No comments:

Post a Comment