Saturday, March 17, 2012

Time flies when you're serving salad...

I have had quite a splendid week. On Monday I finally got myself a gym membership to the Macquarie Uni gym (yes you have to pay for it, but it isn't too expensive and it blows the UPS 'gym' out of the water). I went to step aerobics on Monday night, then ab blast followed by Zumba on Tuesday! I felt very productive. Tuesday I also bought some postcards and postage...so...a few of you may have made it into the first round of postcards that I sent out on Wednesday morning. Be excited for that. Wednesday & Thursday night were reserved for going out. No theme nights this week, so my outfits were a little bit less ridiculous, as Facebook pictures will show.
Thursday and Friday afternoon were spent by the pool. I had planned on spending much more time at the pool on Friday, but on Thursday night I got a text that I got the position at Sumo Salad and my first shift was Friday 11-2. It was reeeeally busy...I had the lunch rush shift. It went by very quickly, though! And I need the money. Friday night was a girls' night in...we watched Bridget Jones's Diary and Wimbledon, and ate far too much.
Yesterday was St. Patrick's Day, and we were fortunate enough to get four free tickets to a rugby game when we were at the gym on Friday. We had already reserved an Opera House tour at noon, so we started our day there. I don't think I've mentioned that there is a play on at the Opera House this month called This is Our Youth starring MICHAEL CERA and Kieran Culkin... Well, my friends and I were dying to see it, but by the time we tried to buy tickets, it was sold out. On our tour, the guide kept talking about how it was on and I was deeply depressed. We also got to go backstage (which apparently isn't the norm for the tour we were on) and our guide told us we may run into one of them, and that if we did we had to leave them alone because the show was going on. I was reeeeally hoping to see one of them, but it didn't happen.
After the tour, we went to this market in the city and tried to find stuff to deck ourselves out for St. Patrick's Day. We ended up getting matching green tank tops, but they weren't related to the holiday at all. We took the bus to the park where the rugby stadium was, and we were there about an hour and a half before the doors opened, so we took shelter at a bus stop and played games. So...rugby was fun! My friends and I were all in agreement that we would much rather be at a rugby match than clubbing... Clubbing (in big clubs in the city) is not really our thing. There was the little issue that we know NOTHING about rugby. Actually, that's a lie. I know that you can't throw the ball forward. And no, I didn't learn that yesterday. I don't think I learned anything about rugby yesterday... The match was between the HSBC Waratahs and the Western Force. We decided we should cheer for the Waratahs, since they were the home team. They ended up losing 20-21, but that's fine. Oh yeah, I did learn a Waratah is a flower... Really? They are essentially the Flowers. Anyway...it's Sunday now and I haven't decided what I am going to do today. I'm not ready for the weekend to be over! Time goes by so quickly here.

No comments:

Post a Comment