Sunday, February 26, 2012

First day of class!

So I finished my first day of class. I was really nervous because my first class in this country was a 300-level Spanish class, and apparently classes here are more difficult. It wasn't too bad, even though I haven't spoken Spanish for about two months. My class is really small, only 9 students. It's based a lot on watching Spanish language films, which is what my class at home last semester was like too, so I don't think it will too bad. Except that all the Australians have really good accents when speaking Spanish, and I have no accent. The professor did remark that most Americans that come to Australia that she has taught can't really speak Spanish, so apparently I was doing all right. (As I should be...it is my minor, after all.) Anyway, enough about that. I posted a picture of my schedule on Facebook the other day, but I will put it here as well.


I also got a gift while walking around today...


I'm gonna keep it, just because Australia is on the front.

And last but not least, I will show everyone at home how pretty the Macquarie campus is.


This is the lake on campus. It's quite lovely.


2 comments: