Friday, February 17, 2012

Domestic Life

The only unfortunate thing about being here is our DISGUSTING kitchen. We explored it yesterday to see if we had pots and pans and dishes, which we do. I open a cupboard and there is a carton of eggs. The best by date was from August. Apparently in Australia they don't make you throw away your food or take it with you when you move out... Our stove and fridge were disgusting as well. There were dishes everywhere. Oh and when we turned on the vacuum, it smelled awful...so there goes clean carpets. Anyway, we put on gloves and scrubbed EVERYTHING. And now it's still gross...but as good as it'll ever get. Tonight we cook our first meal! Spaghetti--the cheapest thing you can buy at the grocery store here! We also eventually got to meet our last flatmate, he's Australian. The apartment is great other than the kitchen. There is one bedroom downstairs and four upstairs. We each have our own private bathroom, which is really nice. And now...I will post pictures of my room.

 The desk/my view
 Half of the closet...
 ...and the other half.
 Bathroom
 Bathroom
My bed. I bought children's bedsheets because they were the cheapest...don't judge me.
Last but not least...my super fancy cell phone for the next 4 months! I'm learning ABC and T9 texting alllll over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment