Thursday, February 23, 2012

Catch Up

My last post was a week ago...so I will try to recreate the past week. I think on Saturday we tried to go to Manly Beach again, but got to Sydney and it was already around 2 or 3 and we thought taking the ferry wouldn't be worth it.

Sunday we went to Sydney again for Tropfest, a short film festival. We ended up getting lost and walking all over the place. At one point on our walk, a chubby shirtless guy yelled "WHOA!" right as he passed our group of 5 girls, and he proceeded to rub his nipples and say, "I get a good feeling." We started cracking up, as did the group of people sitting outside of the restaurant across the street. Anyway, we made it to Tropfest at about 1 or 2. All we knew about Tropfest was that it apparently ran from 11 am to 11 pm. What we didn't realize was that the films didn't screen until 7 pm. So basically we got to lay there and sunbathe and watch ads on the screen.

Monday I sat at the pool all day. Rough life.

Tuesday I believe our lovely flatmate Leigh was nice enough to drive us to the store. Later that day, the goon garden happened. In case you're wondering what a goon garden is:


If you're still confused...those are bags of wine. Like Franzia. This started at about 2 pm, a few houses down from ours.

Wednesday was orientation for abroad students...10 am until about 3:30. It was a little rough. Wednesday night is also the big night for students at The Ranch, but my experience there wasn't as good as the experiences I've had just hanging around the village.

Yesterday we had to be up and ready at the admin building at 7:20 am. We went to a buffet lunch, which was delicious, especially when basically all you eat at home is toast, sandwiches, and frozen pizza. After that we went on a dolphin watching cruise. We saw dolphins at the very end of our cruise. After the cruise, we stopped at a winery and had a wine tasting. I have been trying to develop a taste for wine for a few months now, as you may know, and I think I've got it! So proud of myself. We went to a blowhole after the wine tasting, but the waves weren't big enough, so nothing really happened. We didn't get back home until 8:30. I went to bed at around 11 last night...I think that's the earliest I've gone to bed the entire time I've been here.

No comments:

Post a Comment